adidas Group Reviews

Updated 17 September 2014
3.5

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer
Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Laid back and sports centered environment, where work-life balance is given emphasis (in 20 reviews)

• Awesome work environment great world renowned brand (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager (in 8 reviews)

• senior management are out of touch with their employees; make them feel like they are incompetent (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, starting to recruit poor management

I have been working at adidas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits after 3 months of employment

Cons

Focus on money making, not people

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Herzogenaurach (Germany)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Herzogenaurach (Germany)

I have been working at adidas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, and pleasant atmosphere. You have a chance of developing your skills, but you have to do a lot on your own, and be self-taught. Don't expect much mentoring unless you are really lucky.

Cool discount, and a great campus (unless you work in IT).

Cons

Career growth is limited and adidas prefers hiring external people. Trusts agencies more than its own people which I find ridiculous.

Very political and often not transparent on how things happen. HR is practically there to serve the top, and not the common folk. You will rarely see any good initiatives coming from them.

Don't sell BS to employees about being transparent and non-political when things at the top are like that. People getting promoted based on friendships and not results, as well as spouses reporting to each other (happens often) really influence the motivation of employees.

Adidas SF

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at adidas Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team energy, good pay

Cons

Lack of management, sometimes there can be disorganizaiton

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have never grown this close to this company and co-workers compared to other jobs I have had.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at adidas Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount and bonuses are always great. Coworkers turn into a family. Their scheduling is flexible and most importantly its a fun and friendly environment.

Cons

The pay should be better, products could be better, the company itself is late with what's actually selling. WE CAN'T WEAR ORIGINALS TO WORK.

The company needs to be more open minded when it comes to products and customer needs. For example, the shoe cleaners look exactly like the ones from Footlocker, Champs, ect. Why not make a shoe cleaner thats unique and eye catching? We can't wear originals to work? What's the point of selling products we can't wear? We know the brand is sports oriented, but what about making our brand number one? Track pants are always difficult to sell MOSTLY because of how it fits to most customers. Majority of the time its too long. How about me make width and length sizes? You know what sells for the future? Kids. The selection in the children's department isn't that huge for back to school events, Christmas, ect. Lets have a better variety of choices for our kids. Women always complains to me about their selection of clothes and shoes. Telling me about why we always have the same pink, purple, and black color scheme. Once again, lets be open minded with our brand that is all that I am asking. There is actually a handful of advice that I would like to give to this company as being apart of this company.

It was a great experience!

Former Employee - Replenishment Specialist  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Replenishment Specialist in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at adidas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people, amazing corporative politics, product you can be proud of, a beautiful and comfortable office, understanding managers, a lot of interesting events

Cons

not very good time management, huge volumes of work and constant delays at work, and as a result not very good balance between work and your private life

Overall Review of the group

I have been working at adidas Group full-time

Pros

Great place to learn and implement core

Cons

unfair TRETAMENT BY SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND INCOMPETENT PEOPLE IN KEY ROLES

Decent entry level job

I have been working at adidas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's interesting working for such a well known successful brand. I've learned a lot about sports in general working here.The benefits are decent. They offer 40% off merchandise, PTO, Holiday pay, 401K, and medical and dental. You also get to dress very casual since you are encouraged to wear the Adidas brand.

Cons

There isn't much room for growth and advancement. Which is upsetting because Adidas is a globally recognized brand. The pay is not nearly enough! Your job can also be hard to complete because of the lack of communication across the board. I find it very political.

Show your employees that you appreciate them. There are a lot of employees that work extremely hard every day for little pay and get no recognition from upper management.

Very basic pay, horrible area manager

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

The discount is great!

starting pay is not minimum, not too bad.

Shine training is rarely used but good information to learn taking on another job!

Cons

Horrible pay raises!

Bonuses based on companies performance, not store!

Sales Assoc weekly hours ranged from 4-12 hour per week some period of times!

Corporate was very rude to associates during walk through!

Management team discriminates and makes racial jokes amongst eachother!

Horrible area manager! when she walked into a building the place became tense and chaotic, sales associates paced around as if they were on drugs!

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE WORK FOR ADIDAS COMPANY UNLESS IM CORPORATE WORLD!

Treat your associates as if they bring profit to the store and not just a body to fill when you need things done.

Hire management teams that actually have experience for the position.

If you expect brand pride you should deliver better quality apparel. designs are inconsistent and trash.

Don't make racist comments or racist jokes. (Management still under company/transferred stores)

Be professional in all ways of your job.

Great environment but very little room for promotion internally. District and regional management has little influence.

Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager  in  Round Rock, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Round Rock, TX (US)

I have been working at adidas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

environment, benefits, light workload. Peers at other stores are very helpful when needed. Brand values are strong

Cons

no room for promotion, very little communication from corporate. lots of turnover

Dont treat all stores the same. If a store is successful, let them continue to generate profits. don't change the way they operate because other stores are struggling

Meh, not bad.

Former Employee - Foot Wear Sales Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Foot Wear Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at adidas Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Hours, People are pretty cool.

Cons

Weak Leaders..Weak Scheduling...Just weak Management.

Communicate...

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!