adidas Group

Updated 5 March 2015
3.4

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer
Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional, almost too life balanced- re: opposite of NYC (in 28 reviews)

• Work life balance is great, corporate really cares about their staff, fun work environment (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politicking between senior management (in 11 reviews)

• Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, starting to recruit poor management

I have been working at adidas Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits after 3 months of employment

Cons

Focus on money making, not people

Incredible first job experience as a retail associate, the team culture here is great.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA (US)

I worked at adidas Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The workers and staff are great. The company really sticks to their ethics and their mission.

Cons

Stopped being motivated to put in as much effort in selling after not getting anything out of it. The managers did not spend enough time focusing on the associates, and the importance of a break area.

Remember what it was like to be an associate, and put yourself in their shoes. People generally do not enjoy being micromanaged

My team is awesome so it is a fun job to work at.

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Team, Opportunity, Change, Good Envirionment

Cons

Can become monotonous, rude customers(all retail has that though)

Great Environment!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellenton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellenton, FL (US)

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

I would say for a young person attending school this is a great place to work. Always potential to grow into management if that is what you care to do. I was asked to be a manager two months after I started and due to a second job I didn't accept. But at least in my case my managers were extremely nice and allowed for flexibility of schedule.

Cons

At times depending on where you work the volume of customers change drastically throughout the holiday season. That may mean less hours for you to work.

Quarterly bonuses are great, could use more monetary bonuses instead of apparel. At times the layout of the store doesn't make sense.

Growth

Current Employee - Team Leader in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at adidas Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have the right people above you they encourage you with growth.

Cons

Even if you are encouraged with growth the company still likes to hire from outside the company more.

Either have more assistant manager positions or allow those from within a chance to prove themselves.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

Develop in long term, promotions, discounts on products, great store team, great management

Cons

Salary a little bit lower compared to the name of the company

adidas

I have been working at adidas Group

Pros

Great work environment - clean, up to date
    Team aspects
    Gym

Cons

would like to see more innovation

I have no advice at this time

Perfect job to work if you love sports, people, and shoes.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been a soccer player my whole life, so Adidas was the perfect thing for me, however, I love to talk about, learn about, and know about other sports as well. I've worked at Adidas for a year and six months now and I can say it has been the one of the best decisions I have done. The company pays it's store associates $9 an hour and we get 30% worldwide on all of our products. Plus there is a type of culture here at Adidas that you can't find anywhere else. Also you're coworkers are some of the best people you will ever meet, whether you all work, hangout, or play soccer against the Nike workers, you'll be glad you know these guys. In addition there are plenty of advancement within the company. For an example on June the 15th I will flying to our company headquarters in Germany for a shoe designer paid internship for six months. You also get the chance to travel across you're state or the country by attending one of our tent sale, plus the company pays for your hotel and pays you overtime for the duration of the week. Working at Adidas has really change my life for better, I know this sounds corny but it really has made me come out of my shell, meet new friends, and see shoes in a very different perspective.

Cons

Like every major company there are going to be major problems to it. Last year our North American regional management told us that outlet stores would not receive certain major selling items it order to save money. Which we were bum out about, but we got over it, however, on may 2014 our regional senior management of Portland, Oregon. Took a "company business conference" in Las Vegas for a week, costing the company $1,000,000 so much for saving money. In additional during the Ukraine crisis with Russia, nearly all Nato nations impose economic sanctions against Russia. How is this relevant? Well Russia is the biggest buyer of our Taylormade golf brand, which causes our expect profit for the year to be split in half which cause lots of layouts around all Adidas stores and offices. In November were visited by our Senior management of Texas to see if we were worth the pay because if not everyone from the stores associate to our general manger would of been cut and we would be replaced by a team from Portland, Oregon.

To senior management please trust you're store associates. We love our job as much you do and would love to keep them as long as we could. Also please spend the company for useful things such as making sure our tent sells don't look ghetto, setting up Mi coach technology displays for every coach to see, and to set up tents that showcase our products of and that we care about Football, Baseball, and Basketball just as much as we care about soccer to the American people.

Adidas is diversity

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at adidas Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, fun environment, challenging team leaders

Cons

Limited career opportunities as a sales associate - at least for at least 6 months. Can get boring when placed in the same area for a long amount of shifts.