alliantgroup, LP

Updated 1 March 2015
Updated 1 March 2015
3.5

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

112 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Great firm, great people, always strive for excellence and best quality work product ...

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet some of the smartest people you have ever worked with. the environment is fun, brainfully charged and everything is about excellence in the work product that you deliver. CEO, COO and senior managing directors are accessible and are committed to developing people at all levels within the company. If you want to be the best, and are committed to delivering the best quality work product and love to learn - there is no better place to work !

Former IRS executives conduct training and brainstorming sessions with all levels of staff - Tremendous !

Cons

The commitment to excellence with regard to the work product is intense and there is never any cutting of corners - with that being said, with so many checks and balances and levels of review, it can be a tad bit frustrating at times - however, most understand that in order to be the best, you have to deliver the BEST quality work product and that does not come easy

Love the fact that the CEO, COO and Senior Managing Directors are so committed to the development of every individual that walks through the doors. The training programs here are second to none but keep trying to improve them - having come from Big 4 where training is virtually non-existent, this was a breath of fresh air.

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

Challenging but growth potential is unlimited

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

This company strives to be the very best in the client service industry and they push employees to demonstrate their best in terms of product/service quality and commitment to delivering an A+ client experience. This means that employees are constantly challenged to develop and get better and achieve greater things. But they reward those to rise to the challenge and your growth potential within the firm is limited by your own desires and strengths. You can do anything and be anyone here. Very different from a stuffy organization where tenure (and not talent) seems to me the number one thing people are measured by.

Cons

They are very strict in terms of work product quality and this can lead to challenging times. And you will be pushed to do greater things here. Definitely not a place where you can hide in the shadows and coast.

Keep focusing on development of your people and make quicker decisions on the ones that can't make or don't have what it takes to be a part of alliantgroup.

Couldn't be happier ...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, great promotion opportunities, very fun environment, excellent training programs

Cons

since alliantgroup strives to put out the best possible work product, there are a tremendous amount of checks and balances and the work is a little tedious and rigorous at times

leadership is fantastic and challenges you constantly - we need more associates !

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

I don't get it...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There's a real sense of community at this company. In the years I have been here, I have made many long term friendships who are now like family. You really get what you put in which is why I don't get a lot of the negative reviews.

It's not a free handout - but no real job or any job with a real career track is easy. I can only guess that some people who had such a bad experience, has had no prior jobs.

I have worked elsewhere and know what it can be like. There are very few places where you can work hard and get rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Most of my friends working elsewhere have to work hard and can hope for measly raises (if they are lucky).

Those who work at alliantgroup know that if they do well, they can be rewarded very handsomely while doing something very rewarding.

Cons

You do have to do some real work. This is not a place where you come to snooze or put up your feet and hope that you have won the lottery. Some of these negative reviewers probably were hoping to browse the internet and hope to collect a paycheck. Reality check, guys...

You also have to learn to speak up. In an environment of type A individuals who are all high achievers, you can't be a wallflower. Take the initiative and voice concerns - good and bad. Management has done a good job in taking the feedback and making substantive changes.

Continue to promote from within and you're doing a good job with all these continued perks. The yoga and pilates have been great; I can't wait for the new gym!

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

Breath of friggin fresh air!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working in various industries for the past 8 years. For the last 2 companies I have worked for, they claimed their culture to be unique and progressive; ultimately they were boring, stale and reminded me of a post-apocalyptic zombie world. then, as funny as it sounds, my life changed when I joined alliantgroup. Culture is key at this company and it is practiced every day. Who can argue against a culture that promotes investment in people, merit based performance, positive energy, exceptional client service...and to have fun...really having fun is a core value for this organization. For those that strive for excellence, this is seriously nirvana...you are continuously challenged and if you have a problem you can go directly to upper management and discuss your situation without fear of reprisal like every other large traditional company.

Cons

ran out of powerade in the awesome fountain machines..just sayin we need a fill up.

Keep pushing and challenging me and my colleagues. its actually quite remarkable the lifelong skills sets you develop at this organization.

Just simply a rewarding experience

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From Day 1, the journey for success started. This organization promotes people based on performance versus the archaic time and tenure method, Before alliantgroup, I worked for a very large consultancy firm that was the exact opposite. It was made known, that I would not even be considered for a promotion for at least 2 years...seriously it did not matter how much better I performed than my counterparts. Then raise time came for which I received a 1.76% increase which this former organization claimed was a healthy raise. Laughable at so many levels. Compare that to alliantgroup, I was promoted within my first 7 months and I received a substantial % raise that dwarfed the 1.76% joke. Yes, not a typo. It is also refreshing that you have several folks that will touch base with you to ensure your professional development is progressing...I even had the CEO spend time with me on my development! I've never experienced this in my prior professional work experience and its a great feeling. We also have some serious former politicians on our staff and I've gotten the chance to sit and speak to these guys. Never thought that I would be working for a company that is truly making a positive impact.

Cons

Don't have much in the way of Cons. Even when I have an issue, I've been empowered by my supervisor to arrive at a solution and not allowing me to seek the easy way out.

Share more of the articles and stories that the company is featured in. I would like to learn more about our legislative impact in DC.

alliantgroup, LP Photos