alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated 26 August 2014
Updated 26 August 2014

2.8

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily) (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

98 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Deceptive Promises and Getting Stabbed in the Back

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free boxed lunches and sodas

Cons

The promises of enormous incentives are extremely enticing during your interviews. In realty, however, the big bonuses are only awarded to management. Do not think you will receive an impressive bonus during your first year, and probably not your second year, either.

For a concrete example, only 2.5% of the company received the "larger" bonuses this year. The same people in management receive them each time. You will be applauding managers during the public celebrations in which THEY get credit for your work.

You will work long hours for high performance incentives, but don't expect anything comparable in return. Best case scenario is another "iPad giveaway." Woop.

Expect ethical investigations.

Things Have Not Changed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are NO pros--either to state or in management. They are a bunch of egotistical maniacs with a culture that is not only a lie, but toxic, which speaks to their turnover. They walk the line regarding breaking the law. They have been investigated.

Cons

Everything: unprofessional, childish, greedy, out for themselves only, the hours you work will never be enough or appreciated.

Leave.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It really is as bad as the reviews say it is

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food
    Cool co-workers (not management)
    I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

They wouldn't take advice

Just don't Do It

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting out was a huge pro. Talk about dead end. Oh how I wish I could use an emoji. I digress. Other than that, I made a limited amount of good friends but only trusted about 2 of them for good reason. Moving on, sobriety was a limited expectation so if you are in AA or NA, this is not the place for you but you will find many of your relapsed friends here. Good Luck !

Cons

Remember those friends that I previously mentioned? Well they are gone along with much unnecessary anxiety and stress. We are proud of you ! To those who stay, my condolences. Don't expect to see the people you started with longer than 4 -6 months. At some point you will learn that you will never be rightly acknowledged, vastly listened to, respected, or highly admired.. for anything. Being grateful is a joke, but nobody is laughing. At that point you will feel some type of way and people will blame you for no longer giving a... insert blank. When that happens (because it undoubtedly will), take some time to find peace within yourself to ensure you don't make a huge scene and allow people to degrade you even further. Staying "under the radar" is key because let's face the realistic truth. If you're good at your job, you will go thru hell and high water to move up or even diagonally to a better position due to your superior's fear that you can not be replaced. My advice is to live your life before work or at lunch time and pray that nobody notices because that place turns in to Orange Is the New Black after 6pm when you're imprisoned with eyes of judgement as if you were a fugitive on the run trying to escape the office. Another option is to do what I did, have some self respect and resign. Best Regards.

Oh yes! Here's a tip: Listen to other employee ideas, it could save this establishment. Also, stop sleeping around with these young and impressionable children! It is inexplicable when these incestuous office relationships form babies. It is the highest form of desperation to find meaning of your life. You're Welcome ;)

Meh.

Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free soda. I can't even reach the 20 word minimum for Pros.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life, health, friends, and family.

That's a joke, right?

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Current Employee - Associate Attorney  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

My experience with alliantgroup has not only been exciting and challenging, but very rewarding as well.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

alliantgroup is looking for a very specific type of people. You will see immediately that this company wants people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the future of the company as well. This means that you must have the drive to dedicate yourself to your responsibilities. If you are hungry for your future and willing to put in the effort, this company will reward you.

- Competitive salary
    - Flexibility to work in a an industry that excites you
    - Collaborative and team effort environment
    - Direct transparency regarding your performance to your growth

Cons

Long hours, especially during tax season.

Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

alliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

Cons

This is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Keep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!