alliantgroup, LP

Updated 19 October 2014
Updated 19 October 2014
2.6

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

Why on earth did I ever sign up for this abuse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Covered parking when it's raining. And the privilege to waste the day away responding to congratulatory emails. Cattle call lunches by floor. Leaving each day realizing just how stupid people really are.

Cons

Millennial cult working conditions at its finest. Run by maniacal self-serving, gluttonous buffoon's favoring impressionable and inexperienced youth that most likely came from broken homes fostering low self-esteems. Fear and verbal abuse will be instilled into your daily regimen. Don't dare speak up, I watched them haul people out like criminals just for having a (valid) opinion. If you want to be abused ...you've found just the right place. If you are educated with any self respect ...then spare your dignity and keep away! This place could easily be the next ENRON disaster.

They won't listen! It would be easier to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Great view, terrible management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and beverages, sometimes alcohol. A lot of eye candy

Cons

No work/life balance. The company makes entirely too much to be paying their employees so low and not rewarding them. Salaries are non negotiable.

The tax season hours are ridiculous and they try to compensate your time by feeding you and serving beer. I'd much rather be at home than getting fat and drunk at work. This is probably why half of the company is obese and lacking a social life.

You all suck.

99.5% of the "good" reviews are fake. Turn back now and don't look back!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros out weigh the cons. This company is the stereotypical corporate hell job. The hierarchy, entitlement, and treatment is absolutely disgusting.
    However, I did meet some amazing, bright people. Some people become the product of their environment and can get caught up in the work "culture." Others preserver and stick it out until they find a new job or reach their breaking point. I do not know if the founders understand how bad it is or if they choose not to know. They are brilliant men, but management is terrible. Another pro other than the friendships you may build is the pay. If you're fresh out of school, finding a job is like searching for Big Foot. Because of the growth and turnover rate, this company is always hiring. They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans. Additionally, their new building is a beautiful, new facility. That's about all I could think of.

Cons

First of all, management knows of the several bad and honest reviews that are out there. Instead of reflecting and improving, they ask their employees to post good reviews. That shows A LOT about a company; they will not accept their flaws and consider improvement. If you discuss with a director about the endless hours, unethical billing approach, or anything that should be a concern, they think you're not with the "culture." I suppose once you drink the kook aide, you're unable to handle constructive criticism. If anything happens, an employee who's been there longer gossips about you or if you make one mistake, they will never take you seriously. They are not realistic managers and will not care about you whatsoever. They are good at faking it in the beginning, but if you're not a suck up who works 80 hours a week, they won't care about you. The way some managers talk to employees is UNBELIEVABLE. Additionally, they expect you to handle emails after hours, regardless of what time it is. And instead of having one or two bosses, it's as if you have 10. No matter what deadlines you have, you must drop everything and assist a manager you don't even work with because he is important and you must serve. If you're a Project Coordinator, be ready to be treated like an incompetent idiot. The position was previously listed as administrative assistant, but it was changed I'm assuming for more people to apply. However, the position is completely administrative assistant. They are not flexible with your personal life, and the "training" is purely shadowing other than informational sessions on the tax incentive process. I had NO HR on boarding. I didn't even know that was a thing companies do until I started my new job. This isn't exactly HR's fault or project managers'. The upper management and directors lead the way. If you can handle working in an office that feels like a high school, be treated like scum, and work overtime every week, then you could survive here over a year.

They know exactly what to change but don't care to do so or even think about it. They somehow tell themselves that the hundreds of people who quit and complain are just against them. My advice, look into a mirror I suppose.

No life, no family, no friends? Then this job is perfect for you.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The receptionist at the Irvine office.

Cons

If you work here, you've essentially given up your social life, family life, love life and have accepted to being obese. No work/life balance. CEO is a manipulative & arrogant bully. College fraternity at its finest. You will be trained and pushed to your limit and will be given the "sink or swim" spiel. Those who left are all happier, those who stay are all too scared to leave because of the VERY generous pay they give you to keep you in this prison. No amount of food, alcohol or money will ever be enough or worth the misery.

CEO needs to step down. People are leaving because of you and your mini-me. Take accountability that it might not be them, but you.

Disappointment.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (more than an year)

Pros

The interview process is the most positive aspect of the company. The directors and recruiters are skilled in painting a grand picture of a complete failure of a workplace. They are also great at at writing 5-star reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Meet your "mentors": Desperate, Unprofessional, Micro-managing, Whiny, Lazy, Demanding, and Greedy.

Meet your "managers": Unethical, Narcissistic, Egotistical, Arrogant, and Awkward.

The business model has failed. They cannot maintain an acceptable turnover rate.

Management ignores feedback and often retaliates against those who offer advice.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

Bascially a bad corporate job

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent pay, young staff, nice location, catered lunches, sometimes catered alcohol and team events, fully covered benefits, though these aren't spectacular, casual attire acceptable at the office

Cons

Long hours, sociopathic management, questionable ethics, biglaw hours expected at half the salary, high school gossipy office culture, highest leadership engages in self-congratulation, basically a sweatshop that tries to convince you they are silicon valley

none

Things Have Not Changed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are NO pros--either to state or in management. They are a bunch of egotistical maniacs with a culture that is not only a lie, but toxic, which speaks to their turnover. They walk the line regarding breaking the law. They have been investigated.

Cons

Everything: unprofessional, childish, greedy, out for themselves only, the hours you work will never be enough or appreciated.

Leave.

It really is as bad as the reviews say it is

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food
    Cool co-workers (not management)
    I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

They wouldn't take advice