alliantgroup, LP

Updated 1 March 2015
Updated 1 March 2015
3.3

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

The strong not only survive, they thrive!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

If you're motivated and truly appreciate the sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done, not just well said, this is the place for you. Ambition and hard work are very well rewarded.

Cons

alliantgroup hires the best of the best. Not everyone wants to realize they don't fit this description.

Keep doing what you're doing. We see you striving to make improvements to ensure teams and individuals are respected, valued and encouraged. The extra days given over the holidays were truly appreciated - so many of my friends and family were not given that time to re-group. Thank you!

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Great firm, great people, always strive for excellence and best quality work product ...

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet some of the smartest people you have ever worked with. the environment is fun, brainfully charged and everything is about excellence in the work product that you deliver. CEO, COO and senior managing directors are accessible and are committed to developing people at all levels within the company. If you want to be the best, and are committed to delivering the best quality work product and love to learn - there is no better place to work !

Former IRS executives conduct training and brainstorming sessions with all levels of staff - Tremendous !

Cons

The commitment to excellence with regard to the work product is intense and there is never any cutting of corners - with that being said, with so many checks and balances and levels of review, it can be a tad bit frustrating at times - however, most understand that in order to be the best, you have to deliver the BEST quality work product and that does not come easy

Love the fact that the CEO, COO and Senior Managing Directors are so committed to the development of every individual that walks through the doors. The training programs here are second to none but keep trying to improve them - having come from Big 4 where training is virtually non-existent, this was a breath of fresh air.

Couldn't be happier ...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, great promotion opportunities, very fun environment, excellent training programs

Cons

since alliantgroup strives to put out the best possible work product, there are a tremendous amount of checks and balances and the work is a little tedious and rigorous at times

leadership is fantastic and challenges you constantly - we need more associates !

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

Opportunity and more!

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at alliantgroup for more that six years has been the best career decision ever! The opportunity for growth is limitless. The ongoing training is second to none and it challenges each one of us to think and grow all the time.
    A career here allows one to work with truly the best and brightest people. We have Architects, Engineers, PhDs, Chemists, Software Engineers along with CPAs, Tax Attorneys and even Former IRS Commissioners, and former Governors, Senators and Congressmen, all focused on our mission to help create more US jobs.
    It is a very rewarding career. My favorite part is working together with our CPA partners across the country to help them and their clients benefit through the tax incentives we focus in.

Cons

There aren't any cons to mention as alliantgroup provides you so many tools and the support to make sure your successful.

My advice to management would be to just keep the training coming. It is very exciting to see everyone learning and growing in their careers so quickly.

Place for a career, not just a job!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at alliantgroup is if you desire a real career, not just a job. I started as an Associate and worked my way to Director with the guidance and help of upper management the whole way. I am performing tasks that I didn't think I was qualified for before I started. It is a big time commitment but it's worth it. I have more fun with my "work" friends than others outside of the office.

Cons

Too many reply-all emails. People get carried away with good news, promotions, rewards, etc.

Please find more people so we can have a blue "a" on a skyscraper in every city!

Challenging but growth potential is unlimited

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

This company strives to be the very best in the client service industry and they push employees to demonstrate their best in terms of product/service quality and commitment to delivering an A+ client experience. This means that employees are constantly challenged to develop and get better and achieve greater things. But they reward those to rise to the challenge and your growth potential within the firm is limited by your own desires and strengths. You can do anything and be anyone here. Very different from a stuffy organization where tenure (and not talent) seems to me the number one thing people are measured by.

Cons

They are very strict in terms of work product quality and this can lead to challenging times. And you will be pushed to do greater things here. Definitely not a place where you can hide in the shadows and coast.

Keep focusing on development of your people and make quicker decisions on the ones that can't make or don't have what it takes to be a part of alliantgroup.

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

alliantgroup, LP Photos