alliantgroup, LP

Updated 26 February 2015
Updated 26 February 2015
3.3

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

The strong not only survive, they thrive!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

If you're motivated and truly appreciate the sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done, not just well said, this is the place for you. Ambition and hard work are very well rewarded.

Cons

alliantgroup hires the best of the best. Not everyone wants to realize they don't fit this description.

Keep doing what you're doing. We see you striving to make improvements to ensure teams and individuals are respected, valued and encouraged. The extra days given over the holidays were truly appreciated - so many of my friends and family were not given that time to re-group. Thank you!

Couldn't be happier ...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, great promotion opportunities, very fun environment, excellent training programs

Cons

since alliantgroup strives to put out the best possible work product, there are a tremendous amount of checks and balances and the work is a little tedious and rigorous at times

leadership is fantastic and challenges you constantly - we need more associates !

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

Opportunity and more!

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at alliantgroup for more that six years has been the best career decision ever! The opportunity for growth is limitless. The ongoing training is second to none and it challenges each one of us to think and grow all the time.
    A career here allows one to work with truly the best and brightest people. We have Architects, Engineers, PhDs, Chemists, Software Engineers along with CPAs, Tax Attorneys and even Former IRS Commissioners, and former Governors, Senators and Congressmen, all focused on our mission to help create more US jobs.
    It is a very rewarding career. My favorite part is working together with our CPA partners across the country to help them and their clients benefit through the tax incentives we focus in.

Cons

There aren't any cons to mention as alliantgroup provides you so many tools and the support to make sure your successful.

My advice to management would be to just keep the training coming. It is very exciting to see everyone learning and growing in their careers so quickly.

Challenging but growth potential is unlimited

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

This company strives to be the very best in the client service industry and they push employees to demonstrate their best in terms of product/service quality and commitment to delivering an A+ client experience. This means that employees are constantly challenged to develop and get better and achieve greater things. But they reward those to rise to the challenge and your growth potential within the firm is limited by your own desires and strengths. You can do anything and be anyone here. Very different from a stuffy organization where tenure (and not talent) seems to me the number one thing people are measured by.

Cons

They are very strict in terms of work product quality and this can lead to challenging times. And you will be pushed to do greater things here. Definitely not a place where you can hide in the shadows and coast.

Keep focusing on development of your people and make quicker decisions on the ones that can't make or don't have what it takes to be a part of alliantgroup.

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

I don't get it...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There's a real sense of community at this company. In the years I have been here, I have made many long term friendships who are now like family. You really get what you put in which is why I don't get a lot of the negative reviews.

It's not a free handout - but no real job or any job with a real career track is easy. I can only guess that some people who had such a bad experience, has had no prior jobs.

I have worked elsewhere and know what it can be like. There are very few places where you can work hard and get rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Most of my friends working elsewhere have to work hard and can hope for measly raises (if they are lucky).

Those who work at alliantgroup know that if they do well, they can be rewarded very handsomely while doing something very rewarding.

Cons

You do have to do some real work. This is not a place where you come to snooze or put up your feet and hope that you have won the lottery. Some of these negative reviewers probably were hoping to browse the internet and hope to collect a paycheck. Reality check, guys...

You also have to learn to speak up. In an environment of type A individuals who are all high achievers, you can't be a wallflower. Take the initiative and voice concerns - good and bad. Management has done a good job in taking the feedback and making substantive changes.

Continue to promote from within and you're doing a good job with all these continued perks. The yoga and pilates have been great; I can't wait for the new gym!

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

Breath of friggin fresh air!!!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working in various industries for the past 8 years. For the last 2 companies I have worked for, they claimed their culture to be unique and progressive; ultimately they were boring, stale and reminded me of a post-apocalyptic zombie world. then, as funny as it sounds, my life changed when I joined alliantgroup. Culture is key at this company and it is practiced every day. Who can argue against a culture that promotes investment in people, merit based performance, positive energy, exceptional client service...and to have fun...really having fun is a core value for this organization. For those that strive for excellence, this is seriously nirvana...you are continuously challenged and if you have a problem you can go directly to upper management and discuss your situation without fear of reprisal like every other large traditional company.

Cons

ran out of powerade in the awesome fountain machines..just sayin we need a fill up.

Keep pushing and challenging me and my colleagues. its actually quite remarkable the lifelong skills sets you develop at this organization.

alliantgroup, LP Photos