blinkx

blinkx Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros:
  • "laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Cool technology and hot industry"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management sees themselves as brilliant wiz-kids and all employees as vermin"
    in 7 reviews
  • "O) is leaving the company, now there is no one smart enough to run it"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A growing company with nice perks!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx as a contractor for less than a year

ProsVery nice people (for the most part), they are doing a fantastic job in their industry and just seem to be getting better and better. Clean office with plenty of supplies, and a great view. Free snacks!

ConsMy supervisor was never one to appreciate my hard work and was very unhelpful. She didn't want to train me, so it was very autonomous. And as an admin you're very separated from the rest of the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate all of your employees, even the ones who have been with the company a while, to see what they bring to the table.

Good Company - Good Management - Good Culture

I have been working at blinkx

Pros- Awesome benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Reasonable management
- Good company outlook
- Free breakfast
- 1-2 times per week we get catered lunch
- Awesome location in SF - All of the offices are in prime locations with great looking offices
- If you want it, you have a ton of opportunity for career growth

Cons- Growing incredibly fast, and sometimes unorganized as a result (will get better)
- Poor press displays false messages about blinkx, and who we are.
- Sometimes teams are understaffed, so hiring to ensure that employees havethe proper workload

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to transform the culture as you have over the last 2 years. Continue to leverage the blinkx team worldwide to develop the company into a world class name in the advertising industry. Continue to practice an open door policy. Keep doing what you are doing.

After reading this review you should stop any communication with their hiring manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at blinkx

ProsGood place for those who don't want to do anything, and happy with industry mediocre paycheck.

ConsDouble check everything they tell you on interview. Unbelievably incompetent management. Zero task delegation. No product vision whatsoever. New software and improvements have flatline adoption curve. Heavy rotation, people run like hell from this festering pit, and management is even ashamed to report employees gone. There are some good people that trapped there with acquisitions, but they leave as soon as they can. I couldn't tolerate it anymore and decided to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs a hard reboot.

Good place to work

I have been working at blinkx full-time

ProsGood compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

ConsMore collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

Great place to work !

Employee (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

ConsYou are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

Great place of employment!

Billing & Revenue Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

ConsI currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at blinkx

ProsThere's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Conscheck in weekly with the employee would be nice

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month

Worst professional experience of career.

Directory of Engineering (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx full-time for less than a year

ProsA few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

ConsWorst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

ConsBlinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to your employees and care about them more.

Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential

Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHave been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

ConsThere are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!

blinkx Videos

blinkx – Why Work for Us?

blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) is an Internet media company that connects consumers and brands through premium content online. Founded in 2004, blinkx pioneered Internet Video Search using its patented COncept Recognition… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at blinkx reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee. All 61 reviews are posted anonymously by blinkx employees.