comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Something needs changes

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsGreat/Tablent ppl to work wit, fast/dynamic pace; lots of learning opportunites

Consunstable management. Limited resource for long term development

Long hours and a never ending workload.

Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsNice office and casual environment.

ConsFeels like your job is on the line every other day.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart encouraging work/life balance.

great for college hires

Prosfree snacks
    no dress code jkhkjhkjh

Conslong working hours
    learning curve for the first year

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Immature exe. and sr. management with lack of vision . Greedy exes are bored with the company and just want a buyout.

ProsThe general employee pool has some of the brightest people I have ever come across. There is potential.

ConsThe company spends a ton of money recruiting with top schools but does nothing to advance these entry level employees. Long-time managers are promoted and moved into other departmental managerial roles where they have no prior experience. This wreaks havoc and leaves a fat mid layer of VPs and SVPs that do nothing except bicker. Expect tons of work with little reward or appreciation. The old guard is king here.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage new ideas and execute on them. Cultivate talent. Don't waste potential.

If you like living in fear of layoffs, this is the place for you

Ad-Ops (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsSnacks. Coffee. New decor. The immediate group of people I worked with were OK. Maybe not the most talkative bunch for me, but to each his own.

ConsI've been sitting on this review I wrote eight months ago, but as I just heard that comScore did ANOTHER round of layoffs (almost exactly a year after I was laid off) I figured it was time to share:

The upper-management that runs their ad-ops area should be ashamed of themselves. The company spent a month and a half recruiting me, interviewing me both in person and over the phone. They made me an offer and I accepted. I gave my two weeks at my job and started at comScore the following Monday. At the end of my third week there I looked over to see the girl that I started with putting her things into a box. They had let her go. I was surprised, but what shocked me even more is I was then called into the manager's office where I was greeted by an HR person from the Reston, VA corporate office.

That's right, I was let go. Along with about 50 other people across the company. Corporations are well within their rights to employ people for as long or as short as they wish, but their reputation deserves the hit if they pull crap like this. To add to the hilarity, my severance package was worth more than the time I spent there.

A couple months later comScore reached out to me to see if I would come back as two people had resigned from the department within a week of each other. I asked for more money or a signing bonus. The recruiter had the audacity to say "if we were to do a bonus it would have to be paid back if you left within a year." I wasn't the one with the commitment issues in this relationship.

I later found the meeting minutes from the quarterly shareholders meeting where it was discussed that they would be reducing costs via layoffs. An extremely short-sighted solution to appease investors.

Thank God the company I was at before comScore called me up and asked me if I wanted to come back. I accepted that with a promotion and significant increase in pay.
    This company does not deserve your investment; whether it is as an employee investing in your career, or someone actually foolish enough to buy stock in this outfit.

Great treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven as an intern, I was looked at as an equal and an asset.

ConsThe work got pretty tedious at times

Not so good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPleasant people and nice atmosphere.

ConsThere are limited career opportunities.

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsFree drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

ConsWorst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

Awesome Place to Work

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat people, tons of flexibility, exposure to clients

Conscan have long hours depending on client and project

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to hire people with analytical backgrounds

Survey Research Analyst

Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWorking in Willis Tower,

ConsWork/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!