comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Awesome Place to Work

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat people, tons of flexibility, exposure to clients

Conscan have long hours depending on client and project

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to hire people with analytical backgrounds

Survey Research Analyst

Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWorking in Willis Tower,

ConsWork/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

Too many up and downs to feel satisfied working here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPrivate dental
    Private medical
    Ride to work scheme
    Eyecare vouchers
    The non sales people

ConsMacho sales environment
    empty promises
    High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have good staff, don't annoy them off by not listening or trying to steer the company in a way that those on the ground (everyone below management) does not feel comfortable with,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great brand name, intelligent co-workers, crappy loyalty and worse management

Prod (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsIf you are starting out in the digital media space, this is a great place to do so. Terrific on-ramp training program, great exposure to many top-notch brands and clients, great way to get a foot in the door. And I enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the marketing research and advertising space.

ConsLousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars. Most senior management and divisions don't care for their directs or teams. Almost 100% turnover of my group in less than 8 months. Doesn't really care for their employees, no loyalty or recognition for service or accomplishments. Very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to look at why attrition is incredibly high while morale and retention so low in most groups. Reputation of burning and churning great people, which is killing culture.

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Learned a lot and had fun!

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProscomScore is a great place to learn about the media industry. If you're the type of person who thrives on thinking outside the box, you would love comScore. The free drinks/snacks are awesome too!

ConsYour experience is contingent upon your team. Some teams are innovative, cutting-edge, and function really well. Others are stuck in their ways. Very siloed teams at comScore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put out press releases without a solid and tested product to back them up!

stingy

Data Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prospeople and working environment are nice

Consit is a stingy company

Advice to Senior Managementneed to pay employees more fairly

company has dramatically changed over time

Vice President (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsVery smart group of folks. Many different divisions and solution sets on which to work. Relatively flexibly work environment. Wonderful and exciting clients.

ConsHR not an advocate for employees and workers feel like they cannot get help.Sales Operations folks are inexperienced creating realistic comp plans that reward and incent sales people.comp plans change each year and not for the better. Company has grown so large that your division/team/region may get completely lost in the shuffle of product management roadmaps.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a very close looks at why so many employees have been leaving. What divisions are they in? Who are their managers? What roles are they in? comScore is a research company. But if you do not do research on why you cannot retain strong talent then you are failing yourself. And for god sake's, start doing exit interviews! Your products are superb, but if you fail to retain your employees not only will you fail in meeting your revenue goals, but you will get very bad WOM reviews about working at the company.

Hideous management

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPretty flexible, which keeps people around a long time

ConsMany managers are promoted into management because of tenure - not for any other reason. Managers are not trained and very average. No mentorship, lots of finger-pointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter what I say, they will never listen.

Great learning experience

ProsExposure across broad areas of digital
    Small company feel
    High degree of flexibility in terms of hours, location, work from home

ConsStubborn and political at the top
    Only as innovative as it has to be

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on short-term stock price and focus on long-term expansion into broader digital measurement.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!