comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Filled with smart, data-savvy, down-to-earth people

Senior Research Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood benefits, good compensation, pleasant office space. Everyone I worked with was friendly, highly competent, and intelligent. I enjoyed eating out with my co-workers regularly. Was motivated to high standard of work by my colleagues. Sadly, there were layoffs and many of these great people dispersed.

ConsLess direct communication from management than in other companies I've worked for. Understanding of the business imperative of our group and revenue goals relative to company goals was not so strong. I like to know how my job and contributions are tied to the company's larger goals.

Great company

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture, fast paced, dynamic organization, entrepreneurial spirit, good work / life balance

ConsNot the ideal place if you are very process oriented, and prefer to follow guidelines.

Sales Director - South Europe

Sales Director (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsGlobal leader company on audience and analytics with great solutions.

ConsI personally commented to my comScore responsables.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo try to listen more the local sales team to adapt the product, prices and strategy. There is high lack of visibility from sales team of the products margins which helps greatly to setup different offers to indiviudal clients. also during the speech. Telco are moving to be customer-centric, but still high percentage of network-centric decissions, and comScore Product, Marketing and Sales miss to adapt the product, and speech for them.

Breaking the Telco accounts by products minimize the effort done by comScore in particular accounts. Big Data is audience, advertising, web and network data...not only network.

And Telco acounts are huge, needs time, and close contact...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall satisfied

Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsGood company to work for, fairly informal atmosphere, work life balance, good place to learn about online & digital landscape

ConsNot well defined career paths in some areas

Growing Company

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsPart of a growing industry
    Hugh network
    People are always ready to teach you new things
    Intelligent and focus driven work force

ConsBenefits aren't too good
    No incentive for hard work sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil and unless you become a big company try to resolve mid sized company issues that we face.

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFocus on fast growing industry like internet and technology.

Consfocus mostly with syndicated product

Poor treatment of its employees leads to high turnover

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsExciting field, super smart folks, great technology and lots of good work. Technology and research fields are exciting and marketing has done a great job getting comScore brand recognized globally.

ConsExtremely poor work-life balance, extremely high turnover, CEO states he wants folks on the job day and night, they prefer burning or pushing out experienced employees in favor of cheap college grads, below-market compensation and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to value your people assets, and improve management training overall

Overtime All-the-Time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree snacks/coffee
    Immediately work on projects for well known companies
    Young office, lots of happy hours
    Relaxed dress code
    Good learning experience for someone right out of college

ConsCEO: "comScore is not a 9 to 5 place to work". Expect to consistently work beyond the standard work week, and even longer if you want to get ahead.

Clients are never told no - contracts are not written to be specific so the client is able to ask for whatever they want and get it...one factor that leads to long hours. Also, data is manipulated to show what makes client look good, rather than reality.

People frequently leave the company or move to different teams. This is a pro if you're the person doing so, but if you're the one that stays it leads to more work/training the replacement.

The 401k match rate is geared towards those who are not concerned about retirement.

All about making clients happy, not delivering a good product

Manager (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsFlexible about work hours, dress code, IT policy. Lots of free food, lunches, happy hours. Relatively high starting salaries for younger employees.

ConsClients are never told no. Data integrity is not important to most managers. Priority is making clients happy by delivering data that gives clients 'good news' whether or not the data is sound. Result is 'yes men' get ahead in the company while people who question data quality do not.

Too many layers of management, VPs report to other VPs who report to senior VPs who report to Executive VPs...

Salaries are ok, but no bonuses for employees below Director level. 401k match is so small its almost nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute system of checks on data integrity or make changes to reporting structure to remove incentives for salespeople to mislead clients to increase sales numbers.

Good place to start a career but it really matters which team you're on

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsRelaxed work environment, flexible hours, generous time off policy. A good place to start out and make friends and get your feet wet in the corporate culture.

ConsSome teams promote their employees all the time, some don't at all which seems unfair. Management tends to play favorites and those who aren't in the "in-crowd" can be left behind

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites. Consider not waiting until the last minute to solve problems and forcing everyone to scramble.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!