Computer & Information Systems Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the local area network and wide area network, as well as all Windows-based operating systems, e-mail, firewall administration and end-user support. Manages a team of systems administrators locally and remotely.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, and maintains the organizations LAN/WAN infrastructure and workstations. Ensure that LAN/WAN usage policies and procedures are followed. Acts as primary organizational interface with vendor and provides internal analysis and support. Manages performance of multiple hardware and software platform interfaces at the most complex level.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities as a team leader that includes leading teams to generate a vision; establish direction and motivate members; create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views; coach staff; encourage improvement and innovation; create a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; provide candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keep leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Supports disaster recovery functions for information systems.
- Maintains / administers enterprise VMware infrastructure.
- Maintains the data storage and backup system (Tape, SAN, NAS, etc).
- Maintains the remote access infrastructure (SSLVPN, Ip Sec).
- Monitors all servers, disk, memory, processors, bandwidth, and protocols for problems and alerts and takes corrective action.
- Maintains security of the network environment. Conducts security investigations and executes preventive measures.
- Assesses network performance. Sets up and observes network systems. Recommends upgrades or improvements. Supports development of technical standards and application uses.
- Resolves network problems and offers technical assistance to users.
- Analyzes products and recommends use of new products and services to senior management.
- Supports all end users.
- Maintains all software and licensing to ensure compliance/legality of use.
- Manages relationships with technology suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- Specifies minimum hardware requirements for all IT purchases.
- Assist IT Director with preparation of the IT department budget.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Supervise (3) Systems Administrators
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent combination of education, certifications and work experience
- MCSE, CNP, or CompTIA Network
- 3 years of experience in the field of Systems Administration
- 3 years of MS Active Directory administration experience
- 3 years of MS Exchange administration experience
- 3 years LAN infrastructure administration
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT Server
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Subnets, VLANS, Trunking, Hubs, Switches, Routers, ISDN, Firewall protocol
- Strong knowledge of Windows Services including DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good for Enterprise
- Strong knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Strong knowledge of IT policy/processes/ standards, IT organizational structure
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Dependable and able to work extended hours when needed to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated individual who can function independently
- Extensive knowledge of VMware / V-Motion technology
- Strong knowledge of Citrix, Backup Exec, PGP
- PMP or similar project management certification
- Knowledge of ITIL, Lean Six Sigma/Six Sigma
L-3 Integrated Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen status is required.