What does an IT Support Analyst do?
IT support analysts are responsible for providing a broad range of technical support services, and may also evaluate the overall support program. They configure, install, and maintain hardware and software programs, and assist with upgrades and integrations. They help with security issues and recommend privacy safeguards. They provide repair and troubleshooting support, which may be performed remotely using a virtual tech support platform. They may also provide assessments of the IT processes and make recommendations for improvements.
IT support analysts typically have at least an associate degree in a computer science field, although additional education or training is an advantage. They have a background in tech support or similar roles. They must be familiar with a range of technology products and services, but may specialize in a particular type of system or the technology used by a certain industry.
- Answer support phones and take appropriate action to resolve client issues.
- Responsible for maintaining various network projects with our client base.
- Provide IT support and troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications issues.
- Provide technical guidance, advice, and training to system users.
- Build and maintain positive, constructive partnering relationships with the campus community.
- Serve as the administrator of all point of sale systems, their functions, and any ancillary systems, including training, reporting, documenting, and enabling user access.
- Perform IT production support for assigned area(s) according to documented processes.
- Responsible for serving as the help desk for our client, providing IT support and technical / desktop support for their team.
- Provide operational status and statistics regarding technology hardware and solutions to regional director in support of the monthly operations review.
- Interact with all levels of clients supporting all aspects of infrastructure technology in their environment.
- Install, maintain, and upgrade workstation and peripheral hardware and software.
- Coordinate computer support activities with multiple user departments and internal teams, as well as third party vendors.
- Manage and coordinate managed service and solution providers for the successful delivery of technology services in support of our operating business needs.
- Log all customer interactions, filling out detailed information in tickets and document resolutions.
- Responsible for the timely and thorough completion of customer help requests by taking ownership and seeing each task through to the customers satisfaction.
- Update desktop software/applications. maintain documentation on installed applications.
- Setup and maintain user accounts within an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of Linux systems.
- Strong computing skills.
- Is a natural problem solver and critical thinker.
- Fluent in a variety of programming languages, software, and systems.
- Comfortable collaborating with others and performing exercises such as onboarding.
- Demonstrated leadership and computer literacy skills.
IT Support Analyst Salaries
Average Base Pay
IT Support Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become an IT Support Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
IT Support Analyst Insights
“You get good bosses but if the management sucks then you're in a bad situation.”
“Even though my hours were 9 to 5 I was regularly expected to work extra hours with no compensation.”
“Everyone I worked with was friendly and productive.”
“People are good and its OJT system was great.”
“Everyone is very friendly and genuinely wants me to succeed in my career.”
“Good Infra and Facility.”
“Great and friendly team to work with.”
“I love the atmosphere here and I have many opportunities to learn and grow within company.”
IT Support Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an IT Support Analyst
- Service Desk
- Service Desk Analyst
- Information Technology Manager