Compare ALS vs Wonder BETASee how working at ALS vs. Wonder compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at ALS vs. Wonder. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- ALS scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Wonder scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at ALS.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Wonder.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at ALS.
- "Researcher" was the most mentioned Con at Wonder.
I have been working at Wonder for less than a year
You can take on questions and work that you feel is appropriate for you. You will always self-assign the work. Can work as long as you like, although there is way they are making sure you are active... so you can't step away too long. They have a wiki for tools and advice to do searches, which they are trying to build up.
I've seen them react very positively and very negatively to feedback. They have a #Slack channel they use for everyone to communicate. I think there is a disconnect sometimes between people who are... offering advise, and management not taking the full time to understand the situation. The payments can be low. The amount of time for a question to be answered up to their snuff takes me an average of 4 hours, which averages a $14 payout.
Advice to Management
Please continue developing relations and ways to talk with your researchers. There is a huge disconnect between reviewers and researchers. We're thrown into a sink or swim situation. Also, create... more channels to promote and talk about web search skills. The wiki is nice, but it's not enough.