Compare Amazon vs Google BETASee how working at Amazon vs. Google compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. Google. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Google scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Google.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Big company" was the most mentioned Con at Google.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year
I do really enjoy working here. The team is full of very smart people, and everyone at all levels seems well aligned to provide a great customer experience. Our managers also show a sincere interest... in knowing how we are feeling, and take our concerns seriously (which is rare on large corporations, I've only experienced this before on small companies). Also a big kudos to the response taken in regards to the current COVID situation. The situation was quickly acknowledged and the correct actions were taken to keep the team safe. Honestly, I feel really proud to work here.
Nothing major that I can think of. There were some concerns in the past which have already been addressed (or currently are).