Compare Apple vs Cisco Systems BETASee how working at Apple vs. Cisco Systems compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Apple vs. Cisco Systems. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Apple scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Cisco Systems scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Apple.
- "Flexible work" was the most mentioned Pro at Cisco Systems.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Apple.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Cisco Systems.
I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years
-Flexible around uni timetables -Working with a great mixture of people -Always busy so you're rarely bored -Great team support
- Can be overwhelming especially on days like Black Friday/Boxing Day, new product launches, etc. -Have to deal with unruly customers fairly often -Some stores have major issues with management
Advice to Management
Ensure there are enough store managers scheduled on for busy days to provide support for the customer service teams.
I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than a year
Exablaze was one of the most prominent startups in the modern data-center networking space. While it mainly focused on the ultra low latency applications, it produced several groundbreaking... innovations which are now commonly used. Engineering team was very compact and there has been tremendous opportunity to learn and grow.
Suboptimal business decisions and lack of proactive sales force led to many wasted opportunities.