Compare Atlassian vs Bede Gaming BETASee how working at Atlassian vs. Bede Gaming compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Atlassian vs. Bede Gaming. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Atlassian scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
- Bede Gaming scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Work-life balance and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Atlassian.
- "Sydney" was the most mentioned Con at Atlassian.
I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year
This company is growing so quickly, and there is a ton to do! There are so many challenges for you to solve, some of the biggest challenges you can solve in a career. And that makes it exciting. ... But what's even better is that Atlassian really gives its employees the room to solve those tough challenges. More than any company I've ever been at, Atlassian tries really hard to take all of the pressures that might prevent you from being effective. From the benefits, to the food, to the healthcare, the pay, etc. It's an amazing experience. The employees are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with, and it's an absolute pleasure to come to work every single day. Of course, this could be a "new job honeymoon" - but every one I talk to, who's been here for many years, feels the exact same way still. Everyone is working really hard - and don't get me wrong, it's not like we're all putting in 10 hour days, every day, or anything. But it's when we are working, we're working hard, intelligently, fast, effective, and efficient. And the best part of the business? our company values (look them up) - we live and breathe them every day.
Growing pains. Another pro of Atlassian is we're always trying to disrupt ourselves, before our competitors do. But, that can sometimes cause maybe some confusion, or disconnect, or have a lack... of clarity - but, that's okay. Because if we didn't do it to ourselves, our competitors would. I want to address one "con" I've seen in other reviews - and that's the pay. I think the pay is "fair" or "average" for the bay area. But what you have to really look at is the total compensation (normally I wouldn't say this, but this time I do). The free food, the free healthcare, the stocks, the health stipend, the commuter benefits, etc...
Advice to Management
Continue to really double down on the company values. Make sure every employee has a growth plan, so that they're always working towards not just the goals for the company - but also the goals for... themselves. Check in every chance you can - and ask each employee a simple question "scale of 1 - 10, how happy are you?" You'll find a LOT of people will be very close to a 10 - which is great! But if there are any pockets, catch them asap! (other companies don't do this, and I've seen these pockets create toxic environments that leak out everywhere).
I have been working at Bede Gaming full-time
- Employee-centric, management genuinely concerned with staff well-being - "Flat structure" so if you are a dynamic person you can go above and beyond and progress - Welcoming and friendly across... the board - Genuinely open to innovation and new ideas, there's always something new happening.
- "Flat structure" while it's good for dynamic individuals can mean it's difficult to see a clear path for progression, double-edged sword, can get stuck in a role / pigeon-holed. - Some siloing... between departments and red-tape can be frustrating when you need support from someone outside of your own department
Advice to Management
Need to beware of growing division between departments, SD, platform engineering, intel and fabric, can be difficult to collaborate across those departments.