Compare Bain & Company vs F5 Networks BETASee how working at Bain & Company vs. F5 Networks compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bain & Company vs. F5 Networks. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bain & Company scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- F5 Networks scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Bain & Company.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at F5 Networks.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Bain & Company.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at F5 Networks.
I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year
- Really friendly people - Lot of activities for your class - Huge class sizes - A lot of on-line learning, especially with the hot tools such as Tableau and Alteryx which all consultants must... know how to use
- Having worked at a smaller firm, the leverage model isnt great. At Bain, I really only worked on cases with a higher leverage model. So I was learning from someone who knew less than I did as the... firm follows strict ranking hierarchy - MekkoGraphics is by and far inferior to ThinkCell. Need to think about the productivity loss.
Advice to Management
Be careful with your lateral hires, especially from other consulting firms. Don't discount their experience. I know there is a Bain way, but there are other ways as well. If you've always been a... Bainie, you'll lack appreciation for other ways to solve a problem.
I have been working at F5 Networks full-time for more than 3 years
Passionate and deeply knowledgeable colleagues. Optimistic atmosphere and focused strategy. Cloud-native solutions being released. The dead wood has gone and we are set up to win.
Don't believe the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt being spread by anonymous commentators who would try to cut us down.
Advice to Management
Even bolder, even faster!