Compare Bain & Company vs IHS Markit BETASee how working at Bain & Company vs. IHS Markit compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bain & Company vs. IHS Markit. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bain & Company scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- IHS Markit scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Bain & Company.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at IHS Markit.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Bain & Company.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at IHS Markit.
I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year
- Really friendly people - Lot of activities for your class - Huge class sizes - A lot of on-line learning, especially with the hot tools such as Tableau and Alteryx which all consultants must... know how to use
- Having worked at a smaller firm, the leverage model isnt great. At Bain, I really only worked on cases with a higher leverage model. So I was learning from someone who knew less than I did as the... firm follows strict ranking hierarchy - MekkoGraphics is by and far inferior to ThinkCell. Need to think about the productivity loss.
Advice to Management
Be careful with your lateral hires, especially from other consulting firms. Don't discount their experience. I know there is a Bain way, but there are other ways as well. If you've always been a... Bainie, you'll lack appreciation for other ways to solve a problem.
I worked at IHS Markit full-time for more than a year
Great people to work with. Company has lot's of projects going on to modernize their software moving into the cloud so there is plenty of work for software developers. Flexible work hours. Great... pay and bonuses. Free lunch Mon-Thurs.
You'll need many years of experience to lead a software project here due to the domain knowledge required and software complexity
Advice to Management
Try to disseminate the tribal knowledge faster and earlier in the cycle or new hires.