Compare Bain & Company vs L.E.K. Consulting BETASee how working at Bain & Company vs. L.E.K. Consulting compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bain & Company vs. L.E.K. Consulting. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bain & Company scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Bain & Company had 175 more reviews than L.E.K. Consulting that mentioned "Great people" as a Pro.
- L.E.K. Consulting had 11 more reviews than Bain & Company that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
- Bain & Company had 24 more reviews than L.E.K. Consulting that mentioned "Working hours" as a Con.
I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year
- Really friendly people - Lot of activities for your class - Huge class sizes - A lot of on-line learning, especially with the hot tools such as Tableau and Alteryx which all consultants must... know how to use
- Having worked at a smaller firm, the leverage model isnt great. At Bain, I really only worked on cases with a higher leverage model. So I was learning from someone who knew less than I did as the... firm follows strict ranking hierarchy - MekkoGraphics is by and far inferior to ThinkCell. Need to think about the productivity loss.
Advice to Management
Be careful with your lateral hires, especially from other consulting firms. Don't discount their experience. I know there is a Bain way, but there are other ways as well. If you've always been a... Bainie, you'll lack appreciation for other ways to solve a problem.