Compare Bain & Company vs Nous Group BETASee how working at Bain & Company vs. Nous Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bain & Company vs. Nous Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bain & Company scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Nous Group scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Bain & Company.
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Nous Group.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Bain & Company.
- "Self management" was the most mentioned Con at Nous Group.
I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year
- Really friendly people - Lot of activities for your class - Huge class sizes - A lot of on-line learning, especially with the hot tools such as Tableau and Alteryx which all consultants must... know how to use
- Having worked at a smaller firm, the leverage model isnt great. At Bain, I really only worked on cases with a higher leverage model. So I was learning from someone who knew less than I did as the... firm follows strict ranking hierarchy - MekkoGraphics is by and far inferior to ThinkCell. Need to think about the productivity loss.
Advice to Management
Be careful with your lateral hires, especially from other consulting firms. Don't discount their experience. I know there is a Bain way, but there are other ways as well. If you've always been a... Bainie, you'll lack appreciation for other ways to solve a problem.
I worked at Nous Group for less than a year
- Nous has a strong, positive culture. Everyone wants you to achieve your best and leaders are accessible. - The 'self-management' style means you have a high degree of autonomy with your work, even... at a junior level. - Better work-life balance compared to other consulting firms.
- Lots of small pieces of work which means consultants are often working on multiple projects at once. This may lead to higher rate of burn-out and result in consultants typically working from the... office rather than the client site. - Nous is strong in highly regulated sectors and government yet the private sector side is a lot weaker in my experience which leads to a lack of variety in the types of case engagements.
Advice to Management
- Continue being a great place to work that values all employees, including interns. - Consider growing private-sector capability and focusing efforts on winning larger pieces of impactful work.... Industry hires are strong but can sometimes lack the core consulting toolkit gained from previous consulting experience. - Keep investing in the intern program and growing the Nous brand when recruiting at a graduate/consultant level.