Compare Bankers Life vs Max Life Insurance BETASee how working at Bankers Life vs. Max Life Insurance compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bankers Life vs. Max Life Insurance. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bankers Life scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Senior Management.
- Max Life Insurance scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great training" was the most mentioned Pro at Bankers Life.
- "Work culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Max Life Insurance.
- "100 commission" was the most mentioned Con at Bankers Life.
- "No cons" was the most mentioned Con at Max Life Insurance.
I have been working at Bankers Life full-time for more than 5 years
No one determines how much I'm worth or how much my time it worth. I earn what I put into the career. By far the most rewarding career I've ever been in and it keep getting better every year. The... bonuses during the 1st year of the career are great while one get momentum, and the fact that bonuses are ongoing all year long, makes it even a better incentive to work hard.
Not sure if this is a "con". The fact that we are in commission only instead of salary or hourly pay makes it possible for us to get paid our full commissions! I've seen hourly wages in other... companies, and it's a shame someone made $100 a day in hourly wages when they could have made hundreds more with the same effort and production if they were in commissions. If anyone is looking for a job where you can just milk the clock and get paid, this is not it. But if you're looking for a vocation or career that pays you what you're worth? This is it.
Advice to Management
Continue to provide mentoring, resources and support to incoming and Senior agents. Without these, I wouldn't be here today. Good leaders are good listeners.