Compare British Red Cross vs Relief International BETASee how working at British Red Cross vs. Relief International compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at British Red Cross vs. Relief International. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- British Red Cross scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Relief International scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at British Red Cross.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Relief International.
- "Volunteers" was the most mentioned Con at British Red Cross.
- "Field offices" was the most mentioned Con at Relief International.
I worked at Relief International full-time for more than a year
Opportunity for a lot of visits to the field. My area at the time was non existent so I had the opportunity to develop it from the ground up.
At the time I worked at RI it was completely centralised with the CEO who would undermine managers and issue directives to anyone he wished. Terrible management, Country Directors had little control... over strategic decisions and budgets, exploitative programmes (beaded bracelets and necklaces made by IDPs in Palestine and Sudan and then sold on the RI website for $15). Worst workplace culture of anywhere I have ever worked, made worse by diabolical HR policies and treatment of staff.
Advice to Management
Develop strategic framework, improve salaries to attract a higher calibre of staff, trust senior and middle level managers - and especially Country Directors - to manage their work themselves,... consolidate strategic focus regarding your programmes and completely revise the HR structures and systems.