Compare California Pizza Kitchen vs Grimaldi's Pizzeria BETASee how working at California Pizza Kitchen vs. Grimaldi's Pizzeria compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at California Pizza Kitchen vs. Grimaldi's Pizzeria. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Grimaldi's Pizzeria scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- California Pizza Kitchen had 25 more reviews than Grimaldi's Pizzeria that mentioned "Flexible hours" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at California Pizza Kitchen.
- "Poor management" was the most mentioned Con at Grimaldi's Pizzeria.
I worked at California Pizza Kitchen
Meeting other servers, bartenders, hosts. They hired a really great bunch of people.
Management. They drink on the job, are unapproachable, blame the staff for anything and everything, break their own contract rules (no eating upstairs but they eat upstairs), they didnt pay us for... the first 4 weeks we worked there, they dont pay their accounts for their bar suppliers so were always out of stuff, dont give proper training cuz they dont know what they're doing themselves but will be the first to blame all the other staff, dont support their staff in any way possible or give them any benefits (not even free food after making them work long hours), for the first 3 weeks of opening nobody got any breaks.
Advice to Management
Don't open up the second store just because your contract says you have to when you cant even handle one store