Compare Canadian Tire vs CGI BETASee how working at Canadian Tire vs. CGI compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Canadian Tire vs. CGI. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Canadian Tire scored higher in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Positive Business Outlook.
- CGI scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Profit sharing" was the most mentioned Pro at Canadian Tire.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at CGI.
- "Minimum wage" was the most mentioned Con at Canadian Tire.
- "Career growth" was the most mentioned Con at CGI.
I have been working at Canadian Tire full-time for more than 8 years
CT has a lot of people that are great to work with and a positive work environment. They share in their success through a great profit sharing program and promotions are very much performance based.
With the company being so much more aggressive now the pace of change is very fast and the demands on the employees have increased sharply. The result is stressful environment where there are not... enough resources to get the job done well.
Advice to Management
Remeber how valuable your employees are. Don't drive them away by making them choose between work and their families.
I have been working at CGI full-time for more than 10 years
Great team to work with and environment to work in. Very supportive. Good work life balance. Ability to try different types of roles.
Working with different Business Units from various time zones can make it hard.