Compare Cisco Systems vs VMware BETASee how working at Cisco Systems vs. VMware compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cisco Systems vs. VMware. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cisco Systems scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- VMware scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible work" was the most mentioned Pro at Cisco Systems.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at VMware.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Cisco Systems.
- "No cons" was the most mentioned Con at VMware.
I worked at Cisco Systems
Premium brand recognition Lots of products and services Talent pool is very good Great after sales support
Product diversity is great but there is a tendency to have major issues with software when stretched. Cloud services have good branding but suffer from capacity issues. Can be easily disrupted for... example Zoom.
Advice to Management
Need to focus on customers instead of bottom line. Innovation should drive the business. Sales model in FY2020 was broken badly they need to get back to their roots.