Compare Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs Macquarie Group BETASee how working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Macquarie Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Macquarie Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Macquarie Group scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia had 149 more reviews than Macquarie Group that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Macquarie Group.
I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 3 years
Good team and good management
Less pay in comparison to other banks
Advice to Management
Pay more to staff as other banks do
I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than a year
Great engineering culture, business are willing to listen to engineers opinion. Encourage exploration of new technologies. Good pay compared to most industry and company. Great flexibility. You... can work any time as long you do your task. No question asked when you want to work from home occasionally. Professional colleagues, focused on task, capable and smart. Office is not bad. Often lots free food and drinks at meetings and events.
A lot of contractors so a lot of people movement. No transparent pay structure, profit share portion disclosure. Competitive career promotion. Not many practical perks.