Compare Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs Nous Group BETASee how working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Nous Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Nous Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- Nous Group scored higher in 4 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia had 256 more reviews than Nous Group that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia had 188 more reviews than Nous Group that mentioned "Flexible working" as a Pro.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- "Self management" was the most mentioned Con at Nous Group.
I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time for more than 3 years
Company with great values, genuinely cares about their people also both well-being and professional development
Largely Australia based so little international travel
I worked at Nous Group for less than a year
- Nous has a strong, positive culture. Everyone wants you to achieve your best and leaders are accessible. - The 'self-management' style means you have a high degree of autonomy with your work, even... at a junior level. - Better work-life balance compared to other consulting firms.
- Lots of small pieces of work which means consultants are often working on multiple projects at once. This may lead to higher rate of burn-out and result in consultants typically working from the... office rather than the client site. - Nous is strong in highly regulated sectors and government yet the private sector side is a lot weaker in my experience which leads to a lack of variety in the types of case engagements.
Advice to Management
- Continue being a great place to work that values all employees, including interns. - Consider growing private-sector capability and focusing efforts on winning larger pieces of impactful work.... Industry hires are strong but can sometimes lack the core consulting toolkit gained from previous consulting experience. - Keep investing in the intern program and growing the Nous brand when recruiting at a graduate/consultant level.