Compare Equinox Fitness vs La Jolla Sports Club BETASee how working at Equinox Fitness vs. La Jolla Sports Club compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Equinox Fitness vs. La Jolla Sports Club. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Equinox Fitness scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- La Jolla Sports Club scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Free gym membership" was the most mentioned Pro at Equinox Fitness.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Equinox Fitness.
I worked at La Jolla Sports Club part-time for more than a year
Free gym membership + perks Good for college students, flexible schedule. Some members can be nice, can make good connections. Staff is generally nice. BEAUTIFUL location.
Minimum wage no matter how long you work there. Some of the hardest workers who stuck around for years added on manager roles and then some to still never make more than minimum wage. No wonder... hiring is like a revolving door. Female co-owner has terrible values that actually put women/children at risk to predators in the facility. Caused a lot of people to cancel their memberships. Can't take criticism or even healthy advice about how to help the ship from sinking.
Advice to Management
Learn to take advice from your members and employees. Learn to give hours and raises to those who deserve it rather than avoiding having anyone full time for the sake of saving money.