Compare Facebook vs Onfido BETASee how working at Facebook vs. Onfido compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Facebook vs. Onfido. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Facebook scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Onfido scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Facebook.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Onfido.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Facebook.
- "Fast growing" was the most mentioned Con at Onfido.
I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year
- Culture: passion, minimal politics, people care, strong (authentic) values, a decent amount of humility, plus lashings of drive and ambition - Technology: Onfido operates in a fascinating space... which is only going to become more prominent / important in the years ahead. The ability of the org to be (really) good at what is does centres on a (very) gifted Engineering team who design, build and tweak excellent products. If you're in engineering, you'll probably really like it here - People: most folks are super engaged, accessible, helpful and look out for the common good. There are many ways to connect outside the day to day (socials, clubs, shared spaces, company wide meetings etc). I'm particularly impressed by the tone from the top - execs are still very hands-on and prepared to roll-up their sleeves to get stuff done / additionally they make time for people regardless of title and have a strong vision for the company
- Standard scaling stuff & associated noise: there is always a lot to do and a lot going on. Taking a step back and rationalising some of this seems important as the company grows. At times,... priorities are a bit unclear and working long hours can be the default to keep on top of the noise and handle everything coming down the track. - Structure: linked to the above, a clearer structure (re: titles, promotions, standard systems & processes etc) will assist the org grow, keep people happy and reduce a bit of complexity.
Advice to Management
- Keep the culture as the org grows - it's really good! - Over index on working smarter, not just harder - Keep thinking big, but acting small - it's responsible for incredible agility within the... organisation. - As the org matures - let others take on some of your work and let them own it. - Never drop OnFriday (the weekly company all hands), and especially the new starter videos - they're lovely, funny, insightful and fascinating - all rolled into one! :-)