Compare Flight Centre Travel Group vs Holiday Extras BETASee how working at Flight Centre Travel Group vs. Holiday Extras compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Flight Centre Travel Group vs. Holiday Extras. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Flight Centre Travel Group scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
- Holiday Extras scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work hard play" was the most mentioned Pro at Flight Centre Travel Group.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Holiday Extras.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Flight Centre Travel Group.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Holiday Extras.
I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year
Great company backed by a Global brand. You have a guarantee of 80k your first year, then drops back to retainer of 50k and you rely on commissions to earn decent money.
Low retainer but if you can hit commissions you can make good money. Hard to do that in states like SA.
Advice to Management
Increase retainer to a figure that families can live on if targets aren't met.
I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 10 years
Flexible working linking to a great work life balance, great training and development, autonomy, great friendships, fantastic values and links the company strategy to our values.
I do not have a con as I have thoroughly enjoyed my years here.