Compare General Mills vs Medtronic BETASee how working at General Mills vs. Medtronic compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at General Mills vs. Medtronic. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- General Mills scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Medtronic scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- General Mills had 110 more reviews than Medtronic that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at General Mills.
- "Large company" was the most mentioned Con at Medtronic.
I worked at General Mills full-time for more than 5 years
The people I worked with were professional, best in class to learn from and develop. Half day Friday and good pay rate meant I loved my time at GM. If you are mobile then the world is your oyster as... they really have moved people everywhere from Australia. Regional office in Europe has very strong leadership and holds markets to account.
Culture a bit clicky in parts and favourites rise faster than others. Lots of night calls due to time difference can be taxing on family time. Centralised functions to regional / Europe teams can... slow things down.
Advice to Management
Be clear and strong. Don't tolerate bad behaviour. Reward the good.