Compare Glassdoor vs Square BETASee how working at Glassdoor vs. Square compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Glassdoor vs. Square. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Glassdoor scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Square scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Glassdoor had 36 more reviews than Square that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Glassdoor had 18 more reviews than Square that mentioned "Growing pains" as a Con.
I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years
I love working at Glassdoor, its truly an amazing culture to be a part of. There's a lot of scope for making an impact.
I am afraid the pace at which innovation happens is just not good enough. Engineering has a few incompetent middle managers who barely understand the engineers' language. And the sad thing is they... don't even accept that they don't know everything and dole out instructions to be carried out for completing a task.
Advice to Management
It would do us well, if the management could understand what the average engineer feels. More skip-level meetings please!
I have been working at Square full-time for more than 3 years
- Purpose led vision. This transpires to staff and decision making frameworks at every level. - Amazing culture. Square is filled with passionate, motivated, clever and kind individuals and teams.... - Scale. There are lots of exciting projects on the horizon, the world is your oyster at Square, if you choose to lean in.
- Fast paced (not a con but a reality of any business at this scale and life stage). Only suited to those who are excited to embrace this.