Compare Google vs ThoughtWorks BETASee how working at Google vs. ThoughtWorks compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Google vs. ThoughtWorks. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Google scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- ThoughtWorks scored higher in 2 areas: Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- Google had 722 more reviews than ThoughtWorks that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- "Big company" was the most mentioned Con at Google.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at ThoughtWorks.
I have been working at Google full-time for less than a year
1- Working with smart, helpful and decent people 2- Very felxiable in terms of management. Lots of freedom when deciding on technicall matters. 3- Free food is priceless, with COVID-19 you cannot... have it anymore. 4- Company payed >3K for work-from-home equipment. 5- Working with the cutting edge technologies and tools
1- Has their own ecosystem of build, test, track, etc. So you wouldn't learn tools that are used by the industry. 2- You are a small bolt in International Space Station.
I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year
ThoughtWorks provides great experience. The people you work with are friendly and very experienced. You can learn a lot of things just by talking to the others around you!
Can be hard to figure out career progression if you’re not self motivated