Compare Grand Circle Travel vs AmeriCan Adventures BETASee how working at Grand Circle Travel vs. AmeriCan Adventures compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Grand Circle Travel vs. AmeriCan Adventures. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Grand Circle Travel scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- AmeriCan Adventures scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Travel benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Grand Circle Travel.
- "Call center" was the most mentioned Con at Grand Circle Travel.
I worked at Grand Circle Travel for more than 5 years
The comraderie and support from the other TEL's as together, you try to survive the toxic company culture.
This company operates under a culture of fear, they fire management and tour leaders, constantly for very little reason. They dangle the carrot of an incentive to keep you there. Its very hard to get..., dependent on so much more than your own performance and they keep making the parameters harder. To be fair its very generous, but is paid several months after you earn it and not paid if you fired or leave in the interim. Its also not guaranteed as evidenced by the company not paying incentives earned in 2019 because of 2020 downturn. They are also not paying wages and vendors for services pre covid 19 , and using the funds to prop the company up. The company values (e.g. "open and corageous communication" ) sound good but reality is they are BS. If you try and communicate in this way you get fired. When tourism picks up again and if they survive, my strong advice is to look elsewhere for work. I would also question any positive reviews on here, who wrote them?
Advice to Management
I could say, practise what you preach in the company values, but it's not going to happen. The changing world is a good opportunity to retire, sell or wind the company up. The future tourism world... does not need companies run like Grand Circle.
I worked at AmeriCan Adventures for more than 3 years
- RDO's - Friendly co-workers - Travel discounts
- Outsourcing I.T. to Sri Lanka.. no long term I.T. potential left in Melbourne Head Office - Becoming very political, and relying on who you need to suck up to the most
Advice to Management
I.T. staff should be valued and are not just plebs you use and dispose of when you don't feel like you need them anymore.