Compare Hogan Lovells vs Herbert Smith Freehills BETASee how working at Hogan Lovells vs. Herbert Smith Freehills compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Hogan Lovells vs. Herbert Smith Freehills. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Herbert Smith Freehills scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Interesting work" was the most mentioned Pro at Hogan Lovells.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Herbert Smith Freehills.
- Hogan Lovells had 2 more reviews than Herbert Smith Freehills that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Hogan Lovells full-time
Management has its heart in the right place. Genuinely care about their staff & try to do right by their employees (doesn't always succeed). Fairly lax environment, relaxed dress code and casual... Fridays. Onsite beer fridge is kept very well stocked. excellent close knit team, and very young demographic. Partners are all incredible and amazing bosses - look after the team and very understanding.
senior management team means well but is lacking in execution. Not willing to invest in staff and would rather cater to the more difficult, unproductive team members than finding a fair and equitable... solution. Very few social/team activities - not willing to spend the time and money on team bonding and development. Very old-school working methods - don't expect agile or flexible working or WFH opportunities (unless there is a global pandemic.... but then you're right back in the office again)
Advice to Management
stop catering to the "squeaky wheel" team members and focus on encouraging a recognition and rewarding environment. Invest more in your staff!
I worked at Herbert Smith Freehills part-time
Friendly environment, great pay, free lunches once a week and dinners after 7pm each night.
Not suited to those who aren't prepared to be busy and work after hours if required.