Compare Hootsuite vs HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY BETASee how working at Hootsuite vs. HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Hootsuite vs. HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Hootsuite scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY scored higher in 4 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Hootsuite.
- "Vancouver" was the most mentioned Con at Hootsuite.
I worked at Hootsuite full-time for more than 5 years
- Couldn't speak highly enough about my 5 years at Hootsuite and would recommend the company to anybody considering an application or actively interviewing. - As I exceeded targets, opportunities... to take on additional responsibility were presented to me and was promoted through the business on multiple occasions. - Had the opportunity to work in an International office and gain that experience as well - Absolutely loved the flat nature of the business and that any C-Suite leader had time to answer questions throughout the day. - Lastly, left the company with an amazing professional and personal network. The people are truly what make this organization so amazing
- Not many companies grow from 150 to +1000 employees in 5 years, which naturally causes some growing pains. The biggest recommendation I'd give to new employees is to take the initiative in shaping... the direction of your career and seek out mentors that know how to navigate the hyper-growth. With such growth, it's possible that your next job doesn't exist yet. It's critical to have those conversations early to ensure all parties are aligned on where you want to go next. Not a Con, but rather a fun challenge to work through.
I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time
- The company culture is amazing. I can only speak to my experience, but both my department and teams outside of my own were extremely welcoming and helpful from the very beginning. - Herschel... cultivates an extremely collaborative environment. You're given a seat at the table, so to speak, and have an ability to effect change at the company. - You can feel the passion from the founders of the business and you'll find them walking around the office, sitting in on meetings, and greeting you as they pass by. They're personable and easy to approach. - There is a high-calibre talent at head office across all departments. Many employees possess a wealth of knowledge and experience from other top tier firms and global companies, At the same time, no one takes themselves too seriously. - Comprehensive health insurance plan - Friday afternoon drinks at the office
- Although the Herschel brand is renowned and far-reaching, teams are probably much leaner than most people expect—sometimes there is a lack of structure. - Remuneration could be more competitive... and salary increases and promotions are inconsistent and often delayed. - There needs to be a healthier and stronger HR presence. - Lack of employee parking spots—If you drive to work, you either have to get to the office extremely early to snag one or be forced to pay unless you want to try to find a free parking spot and move your car every hour.