Compare IGT vs Sierra Nevada Corporation BETASee how working at IGT vs. Sierra Nevada Corporation compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IGT vs. Sierra Nevada Corporation. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IGT scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
- Sierra Nevada Corporation scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at IGT.
- "401k match" was the most mentioned Pro at Sierra Nevada Corporation.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at IGT.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Sierra Nevada Corporation.
I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time
Worked with some really great people. Compensation was OK. Technology playground. Very generous 401k matching.
Micro-management from the very top, no so much from the middle. If they can't see you, you must not be working. HR has no clue on hiring good people, just try to low ball every time. Benefits went... downhill as I worked there.
Advice to Management
Advice to SENIOR management. Let your managers manage their people, not you. If people aren't producing then let their managers deal with it. The 'we're watching you" mentality only builds... resentment. Guess what. People are still web browsing and reading the news. Also, let managers hire and not have to go to battle with HR on compensation. HR has no clue what someone is worth in the real world. One more thing. Working from home is not the end of the world for the company. The technology is there for a reason and a lot of much more successful companies than SNC let employees work from home so it really isn't a big deal. A happy employee is a producing employee...... Give Veterans Veterans Day off! You are a defense contractor, do something special for the people who serve/have served who work there instead of some mass email that goes out every year. Start a trend that shows appreciation for their sacrifice. That stuff aside, I really did enjoy working at SNC because I worked with some great people and I would go back if I had the opportunity.