Compare John Lewis & Partners vs Waitrose BETASee how working at John Lewis & Partners vs. Waitrose compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at John Lewis & Partners vs. Waitrose. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- John Lewis & Partners scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Waitrose scored higher in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Waitrose had 273 more reviews than John Lewis & Partners that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- John Lewis & Partners had 13 more reviews than Waitrose that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at John Lewis & Partners full-time
If you like the catering at wetherspoons then the canteen here will suit you right
Manager trend of coming from stores and not skilled, experienced or educated in their functions such as photography, production etc. Specifically this arm of the company is a strange one and tends to... be the poorer sister, the Headquarters in Victoria get a far better deal. 5 stars for work life balance because there seems to be more tea-breaks than actual work in this place
Advice to Management
Management operations at the content production hub are school-like and treat staff like they are young students. It's a strange place overall and not really worth the commute into the ends of London.... Management is absolutely appalling, specifically within the fashion teams
I worked at Waitrose full-time for more than 3 years
Excellent environment to work in. Great people, great team work.
Too many reorganisations/transformations in the last year or so which results in job security issues.