Compare Lonely Planet vs REA Group BETASee how working at Lonely Planet vs. REA Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Lonely Planet vs. REA Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- REA Group scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Lonely Planet.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at REA Group.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Lonely Planet.
- "Restructure" was the most mentioned Con at REA Group.
I worked at Lonely Planet full-time
I've seen other reviews complaining about parts of the business I never interacted with, and I should say that my experience was in an office that is now closed so I don't know what it's like in... their other offices around the world. My personal experience, though, was great. My overriding impression was that the managers genuinely cared about their staff and wanted to do right by them. I felt supported and I felt like my work was appreciated. I almost never worked overtime (and I got paid for it if I did). I got to have some say in the work I was given. Honestly, I feel like these things should be a given anywhere, but they're not, and it's to Lonely Planet's credit that they operate in this way.
They closed my office and made everyone (including me) redundant in the wake of Covid-19. I was ready to stay there long-term if I could, so I'm sad that they felt there was no way to salvage the... situation.