Compare Moma vs Whitney Museum BETASee how working at Moma vs. Whitney Museum compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Moma vs. Whitney Museum. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Moma scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and CEO Approval.
- Whitney Museum scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Moma had 1 more reviews than Whitney Museum that mentioned "Museums" as a Pro.
- "Room for growth" was the most mentioned Con at Moma.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Whitney Museum.
I worked at Whitney Museum full-time for more than a year
- colleagues are smart, wonderful, and supportive - the programming and exhibitions are insightful, intuitive, and great - fun perks
- there really is no room for advancement and the pay is extremely low for the job. When I presented proof of pay disparities to my manager, it wasn't taken seriously. My job required a lot of... overtime work, and there was little to no help received even when asked multiple times. I loved this job, but the amount of time and work it required of me was way too much in comparison to the compensation. I didn't feel valued as an employee and I saw there was no actual room for me to grow despite promises in my initial interview.
Advice to Management
Please listen to your direct reports when they are asking for help, and asking to get paid fairly. Also, please make sure to actually act on the promises made on evaluation reports so that your... employees can grow in their positions and in the institution. This approach of asking for so much and giving so little quickly leads to burnout and low moral.