Compare Nous Group vs Bluestone Group BETASee how working at Nous Group vs. Bluestone Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Nous Group vs. Bluestone Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Nous Group scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible working" was the most mentioned Pro at Nous Group.
- "Self management" was the most mentioned Con at Nous Group.
I worked at Nous Group for less than a year
- Nous has a strong, positive culture. Everyone wants you to achieve your best and leaders are accessible. - The 'self-management' style means you have a high degree of autonomy with your work, even... at a junior level. - Better work-life balance compared to other consulting firms.
- Lots of small pieces of work which means consultants are often working on multiple projects at once. This may lead to higher rate of burn-out and result in consultants typically working from the... office rather than the client site. - Nous is strong in highly regulated sectors and government yet the private sector side is a lot weaker in my experience which leads to a lack of variety in the types of case engagements.
Advice to Management
- Continue being a great place to work that values all employees, including interns. - Consider growing private-sector capability and focusing efforts on winning larger pieces of impactful work.... Industry hires are strong but can sometimes lack the core consulting toolkit gained from previous consulting experience. - Keep investing in the intern program and growing the Nous brand when recruiting at a graduate/consultant level.
I have been working at Bluestone Group full-time
I feel like my work & opinion is valued at Bluestone. Everything is fast-moving and nimble, meaning you can conjure a project idea up and run with it within the day! The management team are logical... and make decisions based on what makes sense, and they don't act as if they're all high and mighty. They treat everyone equally and take you seriously. This is a good change from being in a huge multinational in my previous job where the senior leadership team were untouchable and didn't even care about who you were. The people at Bluestone are good, smart people, and are always willing to help.
Being a small company in Australia (about 70 people), everyone knows everyone. Meaning you always have to be on your best behaviour!
Advice to Management
As leaders of the company, you need to lead by example. If you want employees to have a good work/life balance you should lead by example and leave on time. Employees may stay back longer because... their managers do, but if we keep this cycle going it won't be long until people can't handle the workload, have a poor work/life balance and won't feel satisfaction in their work anymore.