Compare Novartis vs CSL BETASee how working at Novartis vs. CSL compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Novartis vs. CSL. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Novartis scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Novartis.
- "People who work" was the most mentioned Pro at CSL.
- "No cons" was the most mentioned Con at Novartis.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at CSL.
I worked at Novartis full-time for more than 10 years
Clever committed people in oncology research. Excellent support for innovative design and analysis of clinical trials.
While there are excellent professional development (PD) opportunities within the company, support for external PD opportunities (eg conference attendance) is not so strong.
Advice to Management
Aside: Resigned for family reasons in 2012 (the restricted range in the drop down does not extend this far). Great work environment, dedicated and creative staff.
I have been working at CSL
We make life saving products and people who work here have a real sense of purpose. The Company is high integrity and there is plenty of scope for advancement as they like to promote internally. The... international aspect is good - we have a lot of contact with colleagues from around the world and the Company believes in supporting travel to work face to face with colleagues and build strong relationshios. The Company is financially secure.
The site and some of the offices in Melbourne are old fashioned and a bit shabby. If you are working on international projects youj often have to take calls late at night.