Compare Oracle vs NortonLifeLock BETASee how working at Oracle vs. NortonLifeLock compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oracle vs. NortonLifeLock. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Oracle scored higher in 4 areas: Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- NortonLifeLock scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Oracle.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at NortonLifeLock.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at NortonLifeLock.
I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years
Enjoyed my time at Oracle. I worked with some great people across many lines of business and had lots of opportunities to cross collaborate. Great private health fund cover for the family and free... parking.
There's so much politics and hard to advance your career if you didn't have the right manager to support you. Preference seemed to be to hire from the outside rather than promote from within.... No pay reviews so you need to negotiate well at the beginning.
Advice to Management
Provide pay reviews and career paths.
I worked at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 5 years
Teamwork, culture were fantastic. Products I worked with were market leading (or close to market leading).
Executive Management never quite stuck to a strategy, and I think the board over-valued the company. Too much politics in development, competing with each other for resources/attention/limelight.