Compare Oracle vs ThoughtWorks BETASee how working at Oracle vs. ThoughtWorks compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oracle vs. ThoughtWorks. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Oracle scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- ThoughtWorks scored higher in 5 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Oracle.
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at ThoughtWorks.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at ThoughtWorks.
I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years
Enjoyed my time at Oracle. I worked with some great people across many lines of business and had lots of opportunities to cross collaborate. Great private health fund cover for the family and free... parking.
There's so much politics and hard to advance your career if you didn't have the right manager to support you. Preference seemed to be to hire from the outside rather than promote from within.... No pay reviews so you need to negotiate well at the beginning.
Advice to Management
Provide pay reviews and career paths.
I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year
ThoughtWorks provides great experience. The people you work with are friendly and very experienced. You can learn a lot of things just by talking to the others around you!
Can be hard to figure out career progression if you’re not self motivated