Compare Robert Walters vs Kelly Scientific Resources BETASee how working at Robert Walters vs. Kelly Scientific Resources compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Robert Walters vs. Kelly Scientific Resources. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Robert Walters scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Robert Walters.
- "Entry level" was the most mentioned Pro at Kelly Scientific Resources.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Robert Walters.
- "No benefits" was the most mentioned Con at Kelly Scientific Resources.
I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year
I was a Senior Consultant in the Melbourne Office. Overall excellent culture, people and team. The friends you make there will be friends for life. Structure and best practice habit... development, legacy accounts, brand name. Ability to build a genuine career for yourself and earn a 6 figure salary within 1-2 years. Excellent Director in charge (Melbourne) that genuinely cares for his staff.
Similar to big 4 in terms of progression timing which is discretionary, bonus are discretionary (but fair). When you start billing higher numbers the bonuses start becoming less and less... competitive, however for 90% of consultants the bonus structure will actually benefit you in comparison to peers. Can be smoke and mirrors for progression opportunities, often it is down to timing and 'waiting' for the right progression slot to open up.
Advice to Management
Provide better pathways for people and opportunities to develop them after 12 months. You've lost so many great consultants to competitors due to little things like not being able to provide a... straight answer for progression opportunities or compromising with negotiations as opposed to not coming to the table at all. Don't burn bridges when people leave the business, wish them well and keep the relationship.
I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time for more than 5 years
Salary Successful employees were allowed to run their desks how they saw fit
Constant changes, that would disrupt business at the branch level