Compare State Bank of India vs Union Bank of India BETASee how working at State Bank of India vs. Union Bank of India compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at State Bank of India vs. Union Bank of India. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- State Bank of India scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and CEO Approval.
- Union Bank of India scored higher in 6 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- State Bank of India had 115 more reviews than Union Bank of India that mentioned "Job security" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at State Bank of India.
- "Hr policies" was the most mentioned Con at Union Bank of India.
I worked at Union Bank of India full-time for more than 5 years
The salary was competent, perks are good apart from income, the culture is of a family with deep roots into Indian philosophies of management. Importance to local language and culture
Pressure in doing business, many senior officials don't take responsibility on their shoulders, some juniors are forced to sign on papers which they don't agree with
Advice to Management
Ensure that there is a system of top-down recommendation and not a bottom-to-top recommendation for a loan/credit/sale of any banking product