Compare TOTAL vs BASF BETASee how working at TOTAL vs. BASF compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at TOTAL vs. BASF. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- TOTAL scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- BASF scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "De travail" was the most mentioned Pro at TOTAL.
- "Ambiente de trabalho" was the most mentioned Pro at BASF.
- "French" was the most mentioned Con at TOTAL.
- "Plano de carreira" was the most mentioned Con at BASF.
I worked at TOTAL
Very nice building, cafeteria and facilities. Access to all sports facilities even as a contractor. Nice atmosphere and good team spirit.
Not much work given (as an summer temp worker). Although this was in the summer months, so a lot of people were on vacation.
I have been working at BASF full-time for less than a year
The culture is respectful and inclusive and the people are very committed and skilled. There is plenty of opportunity to develop yourself and the company provides generous benefits.
It is a very large global company so there are inefficiencies from time to time and the corporate strategy out of head office doesn't always align to local markets and needs.
Advice to Management
Keep investing in developing people