Compare Third Horizon Consulting vs Nous Group BETASee how working at Third Horizon Consulting vs. Nous Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Third Horizon Consulting vs. Nous Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Nous Group scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Third Horizon Consulting had 1 more reviews than Nous Group that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Management team" was the most mentioned Con at Third Horizon Consulting.
- "Self management" was the most mentioned Con at Nous Group.
I worked at Third Horizon Consulting full-time for more than 3 years
Great opportunity to learn and develop rapidly as a management consultant. Project Managers/Directors will give you as much responsibility on live client projects as you can handle whilst backing you... up when required. The diversified sector coverage across the three offices allows consultants to get a broad range of project experience which does not often happen in other consulting firms; I had the opportunity to work on projects ranging from developing strategy for a utility to developing an operating model for a public sector client. The senior team members across Sydney and Melbourne have come from various industries and global consulting firms which is a tremendous opportunity for juniors to develop as the flat structure allows you to test ideas/thinking without restrictions. The team in the Melbourne office are extremely supportive, friendly and a pleasure to work with.
No downsides from my experience and loved the journey whilst I was there. I would have stayed in the company if I did not move overseas.
Advice to Management
Keep developing the Melbourne practice by continuing to recruit junior talent and maintain positive working culture/values.
I worked at Nous Group for less than a year
- Nous has a strong, positive culture. Everyone wants you to achieve your best and leaders are accessible. - The 'self-management' style means you have a high degree of autonomy with your work, even... at a junior level. - Better work-life balance compared to other consulting firms.
- Lots of small pieces of work which means consultants are often working on multiple projects at once. This may lead to higher rate of burn-out and result in consultants typically working from the... office rather than the client site. - Nous is strong in highly regulated sectors and government yet the private sector side is a lot weaker in my experience which leads to a lack of variety in the types of case engagements.
Advice to Management
- Continue being a great place to work that values all employees, including interns. - Consider growing private-sector capability and focusing efforts on winning larger pieces of impactful work.... Industry hires are strong but can sometimes lack the core consulting toolkit gained from previous consulting experience. - Keep investing in the intern program and growing the Nous brand when recruiting at a graduate/consultant level.