Compare Trailfinders vs Flight Centre Travel Group BETASee how working at Trailfinders vs. Flight Centre Travel Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Trailfinders vs. Flight Centre Travel Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Trailfinders scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Flight Centre Travel Group scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Opportunities to travel" was the most mentioned Pro at Trailfinders.
- "Work hard play" was the most mentioned Pro at Flight Centre Travel Group.
- Flight Centre Travel Group had 108 more reviews than Trailfinders that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
- Flight Centre Travel Group had 97 more reviews than Trailfinders that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Trailfinders full-time for more than a year
- Fantastic travel benefits - Generous base salary - Generous annual leave - Good opportunities to earn a decent bonus, if willing to apply yourself - Quality training
- The uniform is truly awful, however it is under review so hopefully that will change. - An overwhelming amount of targets and statistics to meet . - TF is a micromanaged environment that can also... at times focus too much on negative feedback as a means of trying to increase productivity. - A backward promotion system, determined almost entirely on the overuse of statistics mentioned above. - Could be more incentives
Advice to Management
I know you are starting to try, but by becoming less stiff and stat focused, I think that the negative attitude which largely exists toward management and TF generally, will shift and in turn will... boost sales and productivity. Also, in regard to promotions and opportunities, start looking at people as potential and focus a great deal less on stats as a means of determining the right candidate. Stat's are so, so far from the full picture and too often I have witnessed the wrong person getting the job.
I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 10 years
Flight Centre is a wonderful company that supports its people to thrive and flourish through industry leading training and ongoing development. A great team environment and fantastic career... opportunities
You can work some extra hours but the reward you get back is worth it