Compare US Army vs US Navy BETASee how working at US Army vs. US Navy compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at US Army vs. US Navy. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- US Army scored higher in 8 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- US Army had 868 more reviews than US Navy that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- US Army had 12 more reviews than US Navy that mentioned "Job security" as a Pro.
- US Army had 954 more reviews than US Navy that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
- US Army had 526 more reviews than US Navy that mentioned "Away from family" as a Con.
I worked at US Navy part-time for more than 10 years
Obtaining leadership skills, travel to other states and countries, military schools, meeting different people from all walks of life, college opportunity while serving active duty and being a... reservist.
Depending your rate it is hard for some people to balance work and life.
Advice to Management
Continue to know your people and support them in order to maintain retention.