Compare Urban Outfitters vs Ulta Beauty BETASee how working at Urban Outfitters vs. Ulta Beauty compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Urban Outfitters vs. Ulta Beauty. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Urban Outfitters scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Ulta Beauty scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Ulta Beauty had 100 more reviews than Urban Outfitters that mentioned "Employee discount" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Urban Outfitters.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Ulta Beauty.
I worked at Ulta Beauty
will pay you what you want, health insurance is great, employee discount is decent, fun to work with so many different beauty products drug store/ high end, working with a salon is interesting and... great salon discounts
Hours given for scheduling change each week based on LY and current trends, never enough people on staff, very little life outside of work (you will go home exhausted because it will be you and 2... associates for the entire store. be prepared to run around like a chicken with your head cut off) the salon team and retail team are not very connected, and can have blurred lines as to who does what.
Advice to Management
Give more hours and have effective coverage. Do not let GM's hire 10 associates and give them 4 hours each. dont expect people to come in when you call them in because we did well and got extra hours..., respect that people have lives and are busy and most associates get 2nd jobs because they cant afford working 4 hours a week and being called in randomly. The salon reviews for ulta on the internet are horrible, clearly something going on there. Listen to when you have one on ones with employees. I spoke about several issues I had and they didnt care to listen. Very unprofessional.