Compare Verizon vs Amazon BETASee how working at Verizon vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Verizon vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Verizon scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Amazon scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Verizon.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Verizon.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years
Super diversity in culture, technology and roles
Moves like a giant slow paced and non integrated systems.
Advice to Management
The organization is very top heavy and need to plan a higher roof for growth
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year
I do really enjoy working here. The team is full of very smart people, and everyone at all levels seems well aligned to provide a great customer experience. Our managers also show a sincere interest... in knowing how we are feeling, and take our concerns seriously (which is rare on large corporations, I've only experienced this before on small companies). Also a big kudos to the response taken in regards to the current COVID situation. The situation was quickly acknowledged and the correct actions were taken to keep the team safe. Honestly, I feel really proud to work here.
Nothing major that I can think of. There were some concerns in the past which have already been addressed (or currently are).