3M Interview Questions

Updated 11 Feb 2016

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

long. recruiter took a long time to respond to emails and such. I had to email him to get any idea of what the next step in the hiring process was. apply --> phone call --> emails --> no offer

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume? what are your plans for the future? what do you know about 3M?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions

• describe your collaborations do you have any problem initiating collaborations what makes a good innovator/inventor what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition who is an innovating inspiration for you and why describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Hit it off with a rep at a national career fair. The rep and i discussed medical devices and she passed me onto another rep. This next rep signed me up for an interview with the 02 Intern program, which I had not properly read up on. Interview was to take place a few hours later, and I had another interview before it that I was prepping for, so I neglected to read much about 3M's 02 intern program. My interviewer was admittedly cranky because she hadn't eaten lunch. She was abrupt and unpleasant. She stopped me mid-interview to tell me that I should have read up better on the position she was interviewing for. It was not a fun interview. Largely my own fault. Though I never want to interview with anyone with this woman's disposition again, even if I am properly prepared and qualified.

O2 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Interview

Typical 30 minute phone interview, asked questions about resume and past work experience. It was very similar in questioning to other interviews. Lady who did the interviewing was very nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Decatur, AL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 employees asking a range of "Tell me about a time when". Then my point of contact took me on a tour of the facility. The atmosphere was fairly comfortable. This was my first panel interview, and I was a bit nervous. However, the questions themselves were your garden variety "come up with a story about yourself" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

O2 Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 3M (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They flew me out to the plant, paid for hotel, car. Interview was one day and with different plant employees ranging from managers to other analysts. Overall one of the easiest interviews I have done. I received an offer about a week after my interview and 3M paid for everything related to my move.

Interview Questions

• What systems and programs have you used in the past? Why are you interested in a career in manufacturing with 3M?   Answer Question

Sbd Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus' online recruiting system (CV + cover letter), got a first round interview, attended the night prior (met most of the team - all of them were great), did well in the first round interview, was notified about the second/final round, prepared for that, and did better than I expected.

Health Care Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Loughborough, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied throught the company website. Had a telephone interview which was competency based, really straight forward and just talking about my CV with a HR person. Assessment day consisted of a presentation, team exercise and two interviews. Presentation was based on a question given to you on the day. Really friendly company. I didn't get the position but a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have made a mistake and admitted to it?   Answer Question

Software Quality Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Odessa, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online directly on company website. Got phone screening interview in 4 days. After that on second day got HR interview with panel of 2 and after that Technical interview with panel of 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Funny thing. There was NO technical question at all other than general queries. Technical questions are a necessity in this interview. I was surprised. I did not ask on their face as I did not want them to feel insulted about that. And what if they hire me without asking technical question and this may become blockade in career. Other than that overall company is good as I know.   Answer Question